In the above video from the CLLSA playlist; Gwyneth Stafford CLL & Lymphoma Nurse Specialist at Cambridge University Hospitals discusses managing infections and goes on to the challenges that CLL patients experience when managing their symptoms. A theme running through these videos is the importance of keeping the medical team informed and working together to find strategies and support to reduce impact.
- Sometimes CLL patients feel alone; is there help for patients who need help with living with CLL day-to-day?
- Do patients need to limit contact with their family owing for potential from picking up infection from children for example?
- If a patient has a cold should the infection be managed differently and what should they do to communicate this to their care providers
- What can you do to manage the symptoms of CLL?
- Can you give us some advice on managing nausea?
- Is it best for patients to be totally open about their lifestyle and what measures they are taking to manage their disease?
- Is there anything CLL patients can do to proactively assist with their disease management, for example taking dietary supplements?
The player continues with CLL consultant Dr George Follows and CLL Nurse Specialist Gwyn Stafford answering questions from CLL patients and carers. including:
Click on the Living with CLL links at the bottom of the page to find out what the CLLSA on-line comunity are talking about. Click on more for more detail about each discussion