Bristol - Wales & West - Members Meeting
Registered Charity No 1113588, www.cllsupport.org.uk
We would like to invite you to a Members' meeting of the CLLSA at
Armada House, Telephone Avenue, Bristol, BS1 4BQ
September 28th 2015, 10:30 – 16:00 hours
Travel & parking details are available here
Lunch and refreshments will be provided free of charge.
There is no charge to attend, the purpose of patient meetings is for you, the patient, carer or friend to meet other people living with CLL, and to exchange experiences and learn from expert speakers.
The provisional programme for the day (see below) provides presentations from:
- Professors Chris Fegan and Chris Pepper from Cardiff School of Medicine discussing the CLL treatment and care landscape, new treatments, clinical trials, prognostics and latest developments in prognostic testing
- Julia Kennedy CLL patient, senior lecturer in journalism Falmouth University discussing CLL and her PHD study of how people come together to make sense of living with a chronic disease in a contemporary landscape
- Penny Brohn Cancer Care, discussing self-help techniques for living with CLL
- CLL patient & CLLSA volunteer (anonymous) The Patients View
Places are limited please let us know as soon as possible if you wish to attend.
Booking via the website: www.cllsupport.org.uk We are now able to receive online bookings for this meeting, if you want to register online for this meeting please login to the website using the username and password you set up and you will be able to register from the website event information page. If you have not yet set up passwords you can do this from your first login.
Booking via email: You can Contact our Coordinator by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org to Join CLLSA and register for the meeting at the same time. When reserving meeting places by email you will need to send the following information:
1. Your name and the name of anyone who will be attending with you
2. Any special dietary requirements
Booking by post and telephone: You can also telephone the free phone membership line 08009774396 and leave a message, or write to CLL Support Association, 39-40 Eagle Street, London, WC1R 4TH
The CLLSA are presently able to offer a bursary grant to enable those who need financial assistance to attend CLLSA patient meetings. If you would like details please contact Andrea by email at email@example.com
10:00 Arrival and Registration with refreshments.
10.30 Introduction & Welcome – David Innes CLLSA Chair
10.40 Julia Kennedy. CLL and how people come together to make sense of living with a chronic disease in a contemporary landscape
11.30 Penny Brohn centre self-help techniques for living with CLL
12.30 CLL Patient speaker - CLL the patients view.
14:00 Professor Chris Fegan MB, MD, FRCP, FRCPath Consultant Haematologist, Research & Development Director Cardiff University School of Medicine – Topic: CLL management, treatment and care, new treatments, clinical trials
15.00 Professor Chris Pepper, Cardiff CLL Research Group, Institute of Cancer & Genetics, Cardiff University School of Medicine - Topic: prognostics & latest developments in prognostic testing
15.50 Summing up & closing statement - Chair
16.00 Close –
The Board of Trustees
CLL Support Association
Bristol, BS1 4BQ
Event terms and conditions